Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited Singapore Branch (SIES) has announced that Dreams Universe Early Access will be available from 22nd April 2019!
The studio behind the development of Dreams Universe, Media Molecule, has been working on it for a long time now, and is ready to present the core of Dreams Universe -the creation bit - to everyone. For Media Molecule, there is so much that they want to do with and add to Dreams Universe. But as a start, they want players to be able to see their creations on their own TV screen and be able to have all the tools they need to make games or stories or art or music accessible from their couch.
The future for Dreams Universe is exciting, and Media Molecule hopes that the Early Access gives them the feedback they need to make Dreams Universe an amazing space for creators and players alike for years to come. Media Molecule understands that you may still have questions, so they highlighted some key points below to help you navigate the Early Access and beyond.
What is included in Early Access?
· Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams Universe, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won't feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you'll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you and the community, made during our Dreams Universe Creator Beta. You'll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them.
When is Dreams Universe Early Access launching?
· Dreams Universe Early Access will be launching 22nd April 2019!
How much will Dreams Universe Early Access cost?
· Dreams Universe Early Access will cost MYR 129.
What languages will be supported by Dreams Universe Early Access?
· At launch, Dreams Universe Early Access will be in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
How do I participate in Dreams Universe Early Access?
· That's an easy one! You'll be able to purchase Dreams Universe Early Access from the PlayStation Store from 22nd April 2019.
If I buy Dreams Universe Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it’s released, without paying any extra / twice?
· Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Universe Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams Universe upon release.
....and when would that be? ;)
· Ooo, cheeky! We don't have a release date for the full version of Dreams Universe to share right now. But when we do, you'll know about it! And then we'll keep telling you. And then probably tell you another 5,672 times.
Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?
· Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams Universe and this will then roll into the full version of the game.
Will Early Access include VR?
· Dreams Universe VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It's still planned for Dreams Universe and we're super excited for it. We'll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we're ready.
Is there any NDA for Early Access?
· No! You can stream, share and create to your hearts content.
How can I stay up to date on everything Dreams Universe?
· We'll update you on all things Dreams Universe as and when new things happen! We'll detail new features through blogs, streams and on our social channels, as well as on our feedback forums on indreams.me.
Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won’t get in?
Dreams Universe Early Access is limited yes, but it’s a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available.